You know, there really hasn't been a lot to blog about lately. Dan and I have been super busy with school stuff. The good news is that it's Spring so we are in the home stretch...26 days to be exact!! Thank God for summers off! Summer is looking soooooo good right now: no major plans, lots of fun time together, connecting with friends and maybe even a little relaxing.
Hannah is most definitely experiencing the 'terrible two's'! She is more stubborn than I thought possible and passionate about everything she does. This is not a good combination when you can't express yourself. Her vocabulary is really big, but she just can't always seem to get out what she wants to say. I can't even tell you how many times this has ended badly in the aisles of Target. She also is cutting her last two molars, so that isn't helping the situation! Her diet still consists of mainly red bell peppers and milk...there may be an occasional spoon of peanut butter or package of fruit snacks mixed in. She won't seem to budge on the meat issue - with the exception of turkey bacon, she doesn't want anything to do with it. With all that said, she is incredibly sweet. My favorite thing is when she come and crawls in my lap to snuggle...perfection.
Aly is also going though a new stage too. Literally, over the last 2-3 weeks she has developed this sassy attitude...as if she is getting ready to turn 13, not 4. She is rolling her eyes, talking back and testing the waters more than we would like... We are still trying to figure out how to deal with it. Here is a funny little story from the other day though:
- Last Tuesday I took a half a day at school to take her to the doctor. All afternoon all I heard was how much she wanted to be a mom and have a 'real' baby. She kept saying she can't wait to have one and told me she had to get big and strong so she could have a baby in her belly. She is going to make an excellent mommy someday, but I told her - jokingly - she needed to learn to write her name first. She has been working on it ever since..
Yep, that face pretty much says it all. More fun stories (and pictures) to come. I just can't concentrate right now :/
No comments:
Post a Comment