Despite the ridiculous weather, we had to run out an get a few things this afternoon. Alyssa and Hannah were so busy fighting with each other in the cart at Meijer, that Aly didn't realize I paid for our stuff. As we were walking out of the store she looked all around and cried, "Mommy, you didn't pay! I don't want you to go to jail!!"
Awesome...I just love getting the 'what in the heck is wrong with you' look from strangers. Finally, I reassured her that I did, indeed, have a receipt. At least I know we don't have to worry about her shoplifting!
1 comment:
Great story! I remember taking by then 1 year old to TJ Maxx, she was down low in her stroller. As we exited the store, I noticed her clucthing a board book. Yes her first, and I hope only, shoplifting offense!
Stopping by from SITS
http://mommamaybemad.blogspot.com/2010/05/freely-forward.html
Post a Comment