Tuesday, May 18, 2010

4 years in the BLINK of an eye

At this time four years ago I was waiting patiently anxiously for Dr. Atwood to get to the hospital...not really prepared for what was about to happen to me, but bubbling over with excitement to meet our little girl.  Boy, oh boy...how our lives have changed since that day... 

I truly can NOT believe that it has been 4 years since Alyssa was born.  As cliche as it sounds, it really does seem like we blinked...and now we have a little lady.  I will update you on what she can do these days and how much she has grown, next month after her well check with Dr. Heiny.

Today was a fun day!  I woke her up this morning because I knew she would want to open her presents before Dan left for school.  When I woke her up, she smile at me and gave me a huge hug...then she remembered what today was and said, "Oh!  Can I open my presents????"  I told her she could so she jumped out of bed and asked, "Are you sure you wrapped them?"  When I told her I did, she said she was 'just making sure'.  That girl...
Early morning present opening...
Zooming around on her new scooter!!!

She got a few games, a Leap Frog Tag (which is my favorite...I will explain it later), a Princesses Beach towel and a Princesses Scooter.  She loved it all!  Then I went to school with her to be a classroom helper and we took the sugar cookies we made last night.   She was attached to me during the entire class and was so proud to be the birthday girl.  After school, we met Dan for lunch and then went to get Hannah...and more presents!!  We had her favorite meal for dinner, tacos - and topped off the night with a very special pink, princess birthday cake.
She just schooled Mommy and Daddy in a game of Pretty, Pretty Princess...

Unfortunately, we did have to go to the doctors this afternoon...her belly has been 'tickling' when she pees and it turns out the birthday girl has a UTI.  Now she is on some unpleasant antibiotics for the next 10 days.  Not fun.  It didn't ruin her day though...in fact, on the way home from the doctor's she said, "Oh Mommy, it sure does feel good to be 4!"  That pretty much sums up the day!  

Happy Birthday, Princess! We hope your birthday was everything you hoped it would be!!

6 comments:

Ron Cooper said...

Love the happy birthday shots!

I’m following you now on Blog Hop Friday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

My latest inspirational postings are, “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” “Simple Gesture,” “Smiles,” “Spring,” “A Feast,” “Love Lifts,” “Wake Up to Serve” and “Soul-itude.”

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

They grow soo quickly!! Happy Birthday little one! Your girls are adorable!

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Aw your blog is so cute! Great pictures! Visiting from Blog Hop Friday! I'm your newest follower! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy Bday to your baby girl! She's a doll..Found you via Friday Blog Hop...I'm your newest follower...stop by if you'd like!

XO
http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com

linds. said...

i'm a new follower, found you on friday blog hop!! you have a gorgeous family!!

http://totallindsanity.blogspot.com/

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

I love your blog! Just visiting from Blog Hop Friday. I'm your newest follower. Stop by my blog when you get the chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...