I knew this day was coming, but for some reason this decision seemed very...final.
It has been used consistently for 4 years straight and two babies. But, after many mid-night wake up calls and sleepless nights on the couch with her I decided it was time. The crib had to go.
Now, our baby has a brand new Big Girl bed.
They both watched me disassemble the crib and helped us set up the new mattress. I don't know who was more excited, Hannah or Alyssa. I was worried about bedtime, but last night went fairly smoothly...once I got her to sleep. I am hoping tonight goes even better. We need to create a new night-time routine for her that she can get used to and I think it will be fine. She seemed so grown up when I was laying there, reading and praying with her last night...
As sad as it was to see the crib come down, it is exciting to be in this phase of life. They are so fun right now that I wish I could just freeze time.
So now we are a crib free, changing table free home. There are only one real 'baby' item left, the glider. Dan doesn't know this yet, but the glider in the corner is never going away. I rocked both of the girls in it, and I will rock my grand-babies in it someday - all 6 of them, according to Aly ;) Somethings you just have to hold on to!
Wish us luck on night #2!!
4 comments:
awwww bittersweet!! its a gorgeous bed tho :-)
Her room is adorable! =)
I am your newest follower! Have a fabulous day!!! =)
http://www.mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com/
This post hits close for me. My daughter moved to her big girl bed at 18 months but my son, the last baby we're having (I hope!), will be in his crib until he starts climbing out. Partly because it keeps him IN and partly because its my last "baby" thing I can hold on to.
I think that when it's time I'll be ready though. There's a time for everything... I just hope it's not soon!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your thoughtful comment was nice to read!
oh, i remember that all too well. i'm nervous when my son has to switch... that could be trouble!
Hey! Thanks again for joining the Working Mommy Network! Keep checking back for new blogs to connect with! Be sure to also link up to Working Mommy Wednesday this week! Looking for your breakfast ideas/recipes!!
Julia
www.workwifemomlife.com
Post a Comment