Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

So, the lack of posting is due to the fact that summer, sadly, has once again ended and another school year has begun. It is hard enough to adapt to the school routine after a lazy summer of staying in our pajamas until late morning and falling back to sleep on the couch while the girls watch Dora, but since we both have new job this year it is that much harder to form new habits. Thankfully, my early morning trek to Pickerington has been traded in for a short drive to Gahannna at a MUCH later time. Dan has to be at school pretty early, but we are slowing getting our bodies adjusted. We are also so blessed to have my mom babysit the girls -- and come to our house! We are so grateful! It takes such a stress off of us not having to get them ready too. If we could just remember to pack lunches at night and make ourselves go to bed at a decent time we would be in good shape...

School is great though! Dan is really enjoying teaching and like his school a lot. And, of course, I love teaching in Gahanna! In a weird way it is almost like we have finally grown up and have a little bit of stability in our careers. That, is a great feeling!

I definitely love summer, but the Fall is so much fun too! I can't wait for a cool breeze to blow through the house, high school sports and Buckeye's games, apple picking (with homemade apple crisp and vanilla ice cream to follow), carving pumpkins, 'sweater weather' and hot soups! I love living in Ohio...even with the crazy weather!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

We want to take Eli to that pumpkin patch you guys go to so let us know when you will be going.... I love summer too but I have to admit that with Buckeye season, pumpkin spice lattes, our birthdays, and fall leaves Autumn is my favorite season!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...