There are certain days that a little girl dreams about from the time they are born.
Meeting a Princess. Having dinner in a Castle. Getting married. {Insert another important life event here}.
It is just in our blood...
Tonight, a few of those dreams were coming true. We had a royal dinner invitation at Cinderella's Castle.
Meeting a Princess. Having dinner in a Castle. Getting married. {Insert another important life event here}.
It is just in our blood...
Tonight, a few of those dreams were coming true. We had a royal dinner invitation at Cinderella's Castle.
To pass the time, we were on a mission to get princess autographs. We started at the front of the park and worked out way around. Cinderella was so great with the girls! She got right down on the floor with them to chat. While she was signing their books she told Alyssa that Jaq and Gus, her mice, stay up all night to collect beads from her kingdom on their tails and that it is what was used to make the bracelet she was wearing. What a great story to attach to one of the things she could bring home. And, since that is what we got their friends, as friendship bracelets, she got to share the story of how they were 'made' with them as well.
After seeing the Princesses we went to Tomorrow Land to see the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. We love the movie so I knew they would like this! While we were in line they had the option to text in a joke they might pick to use in the show. I sent in their favorite joke: "Have you heard the one about the foot?...It's pretty corny!" They actually used it in the show is said the girls names...they thought that was really cool! We never actually saw Mike and Sully because they were at Hollywood Studios...and I think they might have been afraid of them in real life. Next time we go we will have to make sure to meet them! Especially because Monsters University will be out by then!
After the Laugh Floor we went to find Princess Tiana, but a summer storm blew in and they pulled all the characters until it passed. While it was raining we decided to have lunch and went to a little Mexican place in Adventure Land. After lunch, when the lightening was gone, we met Jasmine and Aladdin. Hannah really did not like Aladdin...she wouldn't go up to him and wouldn't even talk to Jasmine because he was near by. I forced her to at least be in the picture for her autograph book, but she was not thrilled. After traumatizing her we rode the flying carpet ride and got spit on by the camels!
We circled back around to meet Tiana, but Hannah was so tired and grumpy by that point she wouldn't meet Tiana either. Tiana was so sweet though and went to Hannah in the stroller. That definitely won her over and we got a smile out of her! We lucked out that Naveen wasn't with her, because I found out later he usually is.
I brought dresses from home to save some money so they sent us to the dressing room to change when we got there. Once changed, they were taken to their stations and the fun began. Alyssa was all in from the beginning, soaking up every minute and grinning from ear to ear. Hannah was a little more reserved. You could tell she was loving it, but definitely a little uncomfortable with all the attention. The girls each had their hair, make up and nails done. I have never seen so much gel and glitter used in. my. life.
After dinner Dan went to save us a spot for the nighttime spectacular shows. You have to be there at least 2 hours in advance for good seats. And he got us front row for the light parade. So cool!! The rest of us went to ride some rides. Because of the lines we only managed to ride It's a Small World, but it was still fun!
Notice Hannah's hair is now and sort of greasy looking? She got sick of her up-do and wanted it out halfway through dinner. I told her she had to wait until she had at least seen all the princesses before I would take it down. I was hoping she would forget because I had no idea how I would do that without giving her a bath. She didn't forget. Now, I am fairly confidant that Hannah is the only little girl, in the history of Disney World, to have her hair washed in the bathroom sink at Cinderella's Castle.
We met up with Dan to watch the festivities and I was really worried we made the wrong decision about staying up so late. It was hot, smelly and the girls were so tired they were zombies. However, the Electrical Light parade was awesome! It was definitely worth the wait. It is like the Gahanna Holiday Lights parade on crack! The girls really enjoyed that. After the parade was the laser light show on the castle and the fireworks...both were also worth the wait. Poor Hannah didn't think so. It had just been too long of a day and it was far too late for her. She sat on Grandpa's lap on his scooter and fell asleep during the light show. She slept all the way through our trek out of the park with about a million other people (I have honestly never seen so many people in one place in my life. Think Red, White & Boom crowds....packed into Creekside!!), bus ride to Pop and getting to the room. We woke her up to take a bath...which I think she probably was actually sleeping through as well. She was out.
Alyssa on the other hand, refused to sleep on our way back. She wouldn't rest her head on the back of the stroller because she was afraid of messing up her hair, but she kept nodding off and lunging forward. She almost fell out of the stroller multiple times. My job was to keep her from falling out while Dan pushed our way through. She got a quick bath too and was alseep before we knew it. It felt like if was 3am, but it was really only 11:30. And we had breakfast reservation early in the morning. What was I thinking?? No one ever said Disney was a restful vacation! But, what an incredible day!!
Belle
Rapunzel...Alyssa's 'second favorite princess' and my 'first' favorite. It is a little disappointing this is the only time we saw her all week. Being a new-er princess I thought she would be in more places :( And, she had long hair...wasn't hers cut off in the end?!?! Dan raised the question, "Would I rather have the princesses look like they do in the majority of the movie, or have them remain true to their story?" Not really sure what my answer is on that one...After seeing the Princesses we went to Tomorrow Land to see the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. We love the movie so I knew they would like this! While we were in line they had the option to text in a joke they might pick to use in the show. I sent in their favorite joke: "Have you heard the one about the foot?...It's pretty corny!" They actually used it in the show is said the girls names...they thought that was really cool! We never actually saw Mike and Sully because they were at Hollywood Studios...and I think they might have been afraid of them in real life. Next time we go we will have to make sure to meet them! Especially because Monsters University will be out by then!
After the Laugh Floor we went to find Princess Tiana, but a summer storm blew in and they pulled all the characters until it passed. While it was raining we decided to have lunch and went to a little Mexican place in Adventure Land. After lunch, when the lightening was gone, we met Jasmine and Aladdin. Hannah really did not like Aladdin...she wouldn't go up to him and wouldn't even talk to Jasmine because he was near by. I forced her to at least be in the picture for her autograph book, but she was not thrilled. After traumatizing her we rode the flying carpet ride and got spit on by the camels!
Just hanging out, deciding what to do next. I love this picture!
Beautiful girl!
We decided it would be best to go back to the hotel and rest for a few hours since we had a big night planned. It didn't work out like we thought because neither one of them took naps! It really stinks because it made the night so much longer and more frustrating because they were so exhausted. We had to be at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 3:30 for the girls princess makeovers. Let me tell you, this place is the stuff dreams are made of. It may look like a bomb went off in a glitter factory, but it is magic. Each little girl is assigned their own Fairy Godmother who pampers them and makes them feel on top of the world. I brought dresses from home to save some money so they sent us to the dressing room to change when we got there. Once changed, they were taken to their stations and the fun began. Alyssa was all in from the beginning, soaking up every minute and grinning from ear to ear. Hannah was a little more reserved. You could tell she was loving it, but definitely a little uncomfortable with all the attention. The girls each had their hair, make up and nails done. I have never seen so much gel and glitter used in. my. life.
They had to tease Alyssa's hair, because it is so thin, so there was enough to put in the bun!
Hannah wasn't really sure how she felt about the process...
She was so happy and felt so special.
They didn't let the girls look in the mirror at all while doing they
makeover. When they were done, they had them close their eyes, sprinkled
them with pixie dust and spun them around to see their reflection.
Making a wish...
True beauty. Makeover or no makeover, this is how I hope she always sees herself when she looks in the mirror...
I have a feeling this is exactly how she will look to us on her wedding day...
Hannah was a little more shy about the reveal. But that ornery smile says it all.
Princess Hannah
{Insert sappy caption here.}
Sisters in front of the castle doors...we are so blessed.
They were already beautiful princesses without the makeover, but...wow. I have never seen more beautiful princesses in my life.
There are no words.
I love my family...I want to remember this moment for the rest of my life.
The first man any little girl falls in love with is her daddy.
Then her grandpa...
After the makeovers we had about an hour or so to kill before our royal
dinner party with Cinderella at the Castle, so we headed over to meet
Ariel before our reservation. We had not met her yet, and I knew that
it is what Hannah had been waiting the whole trip for. She didn't even
want to meet her until she was wearing her Ariel dress, so I thought
this would work out perfectly. It didn't. Ariel and Eric took their
good ole' time coming out and greeting people. And after a long day
with no naps and extremely high heat, the girls were melting
down...literally. Hannah was practically asleep in the line line so we
had to wake her up when it was our turn. Poor thing was sooooo
exhausted she couldn't really enjoy meeting her favorite Princess. Aly
was a little better, but not much...she was exhausted too. I felt so
bad. Turns out Ariel was at dinner, so I wish we had waited and let
take a nap and taken Alyssa to see Rapunzel instead. She never got to
see her in her wedding dress. Major planning fail.
Ariel, meet Ariel.
A girl and her prince.
Hannah wanted nothing to do with Eric. He is already taken anyway ;)
Princess stare down...
Look at how tired she is! Poor girl!!
Their royal carriage and the handsome 'coachman' ;)
Everything seemed like a disaster when we got to dinner. Reservations were delayed and we were all tired, hot and hungry. But, it must have been the magic of being in a 'real' castle, the girls got a second wind when we were seated at dinner. They got fairy wands and wishing stars to help welcome in each princess guest and they were on cloud nine the entire time. Each princess eventually made their way around to our table. They barely ate anything, but would you?!?!?
Snow White...we told her to watch out for apples ;)
Sleeping Beauty! Her finger prick has healed up nicely!
Ariel was much better her than before dinner. She actually spent a while at our table and the girls ate up every minute! They were comparing shoes!
Hannah showed Ariel her sandals because Ariel was on them! Ariel said, "Oh look, it's me!"
Putting the shoe back on...
That's the smile I expected from her when she met the real deal! I think Ariel even won some point from Alyssa!
Belle in her 'village dress'. Why she was in her village dress at a royal dinner is beyond me. Wouldn't it make since to have her in her ballgown here and the village dress somewhere else?!?! She was slightly under-dressed for the occasion ;)After dinner Dan went to save us a spot for the nighttime spectacular shows. You have to be there at least 2 hours in advance for good seats. And he got us front row for the light parade. So cool!! The rest of us went to ride some rides. Because of the lines we only managed to ride It's a Small World, but it was still fun!
Notice Hannah's hair is now and sort of greasy looking? She got sick of her up-do and wanted it out halfway through dinner. I told her she had to wait until she had at least seen all the princesses before I would take it down. I was hoping she would forget because I had no idea how I would do that without giving her a bath. She didn't forget. Now, I am fairly confidant that Hannah is the only little girl, in the history of Disney World, to have her hair washed in the bathroom sink at Cinderella's Castle.
We met up with Dan to watch the festivities and I was really worried we made the wrong decision about staying up so late. It was hot, smelly and the girls were so tired they were zombies. However, the Electrical Light parade was awesome! It was definitely worth the wait. It is like the Gahanna Holiday Lights parade on crack! The girls really enjoyed that. After the parade was the laser light show on the castle and the fireworks...both were also worth the wait. Poor Hannah didn't think so. It had just been too long of a day and it was far too late for her. She sat on Grandpa's lap on his scooter and fell asleep during the light show. She slept all the way through our trek out of the park with about a million other people (I have honestly never seen so many people in one place in my life. Think Red, White & Boom crowds....packed into Creekside!!), bus ride to Pop and getting to the room. We woke her up to take a bath...which I think she probably was actually sleeping through as well. She was out.
Alyssa on the other hand, refused to sleep on our way back. She wouldn't rest her head on the back of the stroller because she was afraid of messing up her hair, but she kept nodding off and lunging forward. She almost fell out of the stroller multiple times. My job was to keep her from falling out while Dan pushed our way through. She got a quick bath too and was alseep before we knew it. It felt like if was 3am, but it was really only 11:30. And we had breakfast reservation early in the morning. What was I thinking?? No one ever said Disney was a restful vacation! But, what an incredible day!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment