Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sea World and a Trip 'Around the World'

Tuesday was the day we planned to go to Sea World.  I kinda wish we hadn't. There were a few highlights, but overall we would have much rather been at Disney. 

For starters it was not as easy to get there as everyone said. We took a shuttle to Downtown Disney where there was a city bus stop directly to Sea World.  Except the bus drivers didn't know what they were doing and kept telling us the wrong stop to stand at.  After about 45 minutes of waiting we finally got on the correct bus...15 minutes later the bus driver figured out how to hook the electric scooter in and were on our way.

When we got there they dropped us off at the furthest point of the parking lot. Go figure.  We expected a lot of walking, but by this point it was 90+*, almost noon and none of us had eaten because we planned on eating right when we got there.  We made our way to the entrance, waited through the long lines at the gates and started looking for a place to eat.  

We purchased the all day meal plan and I had contacted them ahead of time to find out about gluten free food.  They told me there were plenty of options and even would have gf pizza ready for us.  We went to the pizza place and orders.  Well, they acted like no one had ever ordered a gf pizza before and didn't know what to do.  When they finally figured it out it took almost 30 minutes to cook it.  Poor Aly was so hungry, hot and tired...and we hadn't even started our day.  To top it all off, when they finally brought out the pizzas they were terrible.  Alyssa could barely eat it and Dan barely choked it down.  Good thing I brought some fruit strips and dried strawberries with us.  

After lunch we decide to go to Shamu Stadium to watch the show.  It was not as good as I remember and it didn't hold the girls attention at all.  About halfway through Dan had take Hannah out and go ride rides because all she wanted to do was find a roller coaster...which he absolutely loved :)  When the show was over we all joined them.  It was sooooo hot it was unbearable.  There was no breeze. No shade. No water from the broken misting fans. One of the employees told me that it was 112* with the heat index. I was done.   

After riding some of the rides, another bad food stand experience and seeing a storm move in, we decided it was time to call it a day.  We had only been there maybe 3 hours.  Alyssa wanted to go to the gift shop, so we did that and then watched the dolphins in the touch pool.  We couldn't feed them because it was sold out, but IF we ever go back there that is one thing I will make sure we do.  They are, by far, my favorite animal :)     

Here is the one and only picture I have from the entire day.  Me and Alyssa outside Shamu Stadium after the show.  Dan and Hannah were off riding rides! We look like we are having fun, but I don't think Sea World will be a part of the next Disney vacay.
We managed to get out of there before the rain really hit, but the ride home took for-ev-er. Almost two hours...and we only had to go 20 miles. When we finally got back, we had an early dinner at our hotel and swam in the pool for a little while.  Then the girls got a bath and had a 'sleep over' with grandma and grandpa so Dan and I could go to EPCOT for an early anniversary date.  It was actually really nice to have a low key night and give the girls some extra rest.

When we got married I thought we would be taking a European cruise for our 10th anniversary.  At least, that was the 'plan'.  However, that is in less than a month and there is no way that is going to happen :) Instead, Dan took me all the way around the world in one evening together.  From a romantic stroll through Paris, to an incredible Margarita in Mexico...I believe that is a close as I am going to get to 'Foreign' for this anniversary.  I am totally ok with that...Disney with my girls is worth it.  It was nice just to be alone together and celebrate the last decade.  Maybe we can do the cruise for our 20th...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...