Friday, August 3, 2012

One Day, Three Parks

We didn't any plans for today until our dinner reservations, so we decided to track down some people we still needed to meet and then go to Blizzard Beach.  We took our time getting up and had a pretty good breakfast (what I wouldn't do for a Mickey waffle right now...) at our hotel before catching the bus. 

We went EPCOT to meet Mulan, but as soon as we got into the park we saw Daisy so we stopped to meet her too.  
We were originally first in line to meet Mulan, but after some people very awkwardly cut in front we were a few more back. Not a big deal except the scorching heat!  Mulan was really nice though, so the girls thought it was worth it.
After Mulan Dan wanted to watch the show at the American Pavilion so I walked the girls over to the United Kingdom to meet Alice.  Unfortunately, the Queen (or a wardrobe malfunction) was really holding Alice up.  We waited in the beating sun, no shade for 45 minutes.  Everyone who was waiting with us had left disappointed and Dan had met back up with us so we decided it was too hot to wait anymore.  We told the girls we would try to see her before dinner and Hannah's eyes filled with tears. I was bent down consoling her when Alice came running over the hill apologizing for being late. So funny and perfectly in character! I am glad we were able to see her. The girls really liked her and we weren't rushed at all because everyone else had left.
Look at how hot they look.  We were soaked with sweat...this is when I decided I don't care what we have to do to make it happen, but next time we will go in September, October or November.
We were so hot and exhausted by being in the sun for a few hours we couldn't wait to change and head to Blizzard Beach.  But, by the time we got back and were ready to go a summer storm blew in and closed the water parks.  Typhoon Lagoon was still allowing people in the gates since the anticipated re-opening so we headed over.  Luckily the park opened right as we got there so we were able to play around for a few more hours.  The girls loved it just as much as much! 

After a quick bath we headed back to EPCOT for our second Princess dinner at Akerhaus.  While the experience was fantastic, the food left a bad impression on me.  Dan and Alyssa's food was ok and the chef made an awesome custom veggie plate for Hannah, but more Pork Tenderloin was terrible.  I didn't even finish it :(   The dessert on the other had was delicious.  I wish I had be able to order two of those instead of dinner!  Regardless, the meal was worth the price of outrageous admission just for the girls time with the Princesses!

Waiting for our table!
Alyssa and her 'first favorite' princess.  This in one of my favorite shots on the trip!
Hannah with Aurora
Snow White, dwarf-less again.  What does one have to do to see a dwarf?!?!? ;)
Hugs from Cinderella!  She is a very busy woman with all the places she appears everyday!
This Ariel was, by far, the best one we had seen this week!  She was so into Hannah showing her her glowing Tink from her magical punch.  Good times!
On the way out of the park we posed for a picture in front of the ball.  These are our 'silly' faces ;)
After dinner, we headed to the Magic Kingdom to ride more rides.  It was probably the coolest night so far and the crowd seemed a little lighter so it was really perfect.  On our way in, I got a quick picture of them in front of the topiary Mickey.  It didn't come out so great, but you get the idea ;)
Everyone else was lined up watching the parade so we took advantage of the emergency walkway and made a beeline for Fantasy Land.  About halfway down Main Street a cast member came out of the Bakery and stepped right in our path.  She was holding a giant sugar cookie with a big Mickey sticker on it.  She bent down to the girls, gave it to them and told them Mickey told her to give it to us.  The girls were so amazed!  It was pretty cute, except it was a ticking time bomb of gluten that Alyssa really shouldn't have.  But, how could I say 'no' when Mickey himself sent it to them?!?!?  

We tried to get them to ride some rides in Tomorrow Land, but they didn't really want anything to do with it.  Hannah eventually decided she wanted to right the go carts so Dan drove her around on the Tomorrow Land Speedway.  While they were in line Hannah kept asking Dan if he liked the smell...apparently Hannah likes the smell of go-cart exhaust ;)

While we waited on them to ride, Alyssa and I went for a spin on the Tea Cups....or maybe 6.  We would literally get off and right back on. I was getting nauseous, but she was loving every second.  What a special little memory I will always have with her in Disney.  
Hannah and Daddy met up with us and we rode the Tea Cups one. more. time. Then, with green faces, we moved on.  We rode Dumbo, played in the play area in the circus tent, went on It's A Small World and rode the Goofy roller coaster. Oh, The Barnstormer...AKA the 'Goofy Roller Coaster'. I think we rode this thing 50+ times this week!  It was their favorite!
We figured out that the absolute best time to ride is in the evening, when everyone else is watching the parade and fireworks.  We seriously didn't wait in any lines more than 5 minutes AND it was at least 15* cooler than during the day!  It was also an EMH night so the park was open until 2am.  It seems like we only rode the same rides over and over again...and we really did...but that is what they wanted to do!  And, we had a blast!  They didn't make it until 2, but we did stay until midnight.  It was late and we were exhausted, but the memories are priceless.  I am so sad there is only one day left.  I already can't wait until our next trip!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...