Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pray...REALLY, REALLY hard!!


It is the time of year again where we check ODE job postings, daily (or hourly ;), looking for teaching jobs to open up.  Thankfully, because I got the job I have been wanting for over last 5 years last Spring, we are only looking for a job for Dan...Social Studies, preferably high school.  For those of you who aren't in education (or Ohio), Social Studies positions are rare.  And when one does open, if it doesn't get filled internally, there are literally 700-1,000 applicants for the position!  Almost 100% of the time they end up choosing someone who is also a coach...Dan is not a coach.  

There hadn't been any openings yet, but in the last few days two have posted!  One at Bexley HS and one at the HS in MY district where we graduated (teaching together in this district is our long-term goal because of the community and ministry opportunities!).  The one in my district was internal until today, but I decided it couldn't hurt if I emailed the HR guy and the HS principal.  I didn't expect to get a response at all and if I did, I expected it to be something like "we will take a look at his resume and call if we are interested".  To my surprise, the HR guy emailed me the same day!  He told me that the list for the position was a 'mile long and growing', but he would be willing to sit down and talk with Dan for a screening interview.  My district is a long shot, especially if the levy doesn't pass in May.  Not to mention, a screening interview doesn't really mean much...but it is more than probably 800 applicants will get... 

So if you could be praying that Dan will really knock their socks off next Tuesday to get a 'real' interview with the principal, that would be AWESOME!  Also, pray that Bexley will call him to set up an interview as well.  I guess, really just for the job search over the next few months in general! 

Unlike before, he has a teaching job currently so if he doesn't get a new one we will survive.  However, a new job means more time in the community, less stress and a pay raise.  Is it possible that I want this more than he does...

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am praying for a wonderful outcome to your husband's job search.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I'm From Friday Follow...Your children are adorable!! I'm new to this but have found such wonderful people doing these parties & link ups. I wish the rest of the world could be as uplifting & supportive to each other as I have experienced.. I hope you can pop over to my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & find some inspiration for your family/home..I hope you will become a follower too! Happpy Easter!! Barb
P.S. Hope to have my own link party April 12th “My Creative Space Monday” @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
…..Hope you will join up, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...