Sometimes I forget how observant Alyssa is. She is always listening - even when you don't think she is! And her memory...that is a whole different story. It is UNBELIEVABLE!
She has been sick lately with a fever, croupy cough and a cold. I took her in about a week and a half ago for an ear infection, but her ears where clear....then 5 days later we were back with a serious infection in her left ear. While we were with the doctor (ours was not in that afternoon so we saw another in the practice), he noticed some other symptoms that caused him a little bit of concern. He decided he wanted to do a urinalysis to rule out any other problems, specifically Diabetes.
As a side note, trying to get a urine sample out of a 4 year old is not exactly cake walk. She was so worried she wasn't going to get it in the cup and didn't want Daddy to watch. I just told her not to worry about it, that I would take care of everything. After several tries and lots of tears, I got a sample they could actually test. My hand was literally in the toilet water...trying not to knock her off the seat...and maintain my balance. Only as a mom...
Thankfully, her test came back PERFECT...no sugar at all in her urine!! I told Dan and a few friends what the doctor had said, but never Alyssa directly. Today, my mom told me that her and Alyssa had talked about it and Aly told her that the doctor said "she didn't have any sugar in her ear". In her EAR! Thank goodness! I don't even know what that would've caused!! I am so very thankful for my healthy, observant children!
No comments:
Post a Comment