Sunday, March 21, 2010

You're in Time Out!

This happened a few months ago, but I never wrote about it on here because we were so busy with the move.  Something reminded me of it yesterday so I had to share.  

The girls and I were playing down stairs and I went upstairs to get them clothes for the day.  When I came down, Hannah was sitting on the step crying and Aly had a visible attitude.  Here is how the conversation played out:

Me:  "What is wrong with Hannah?  Why is she crying?"

Alyssa:  "I put her in time out!"

Me [holding back a laughter AND tears]:  "Why...what did she do?"

Alyssa:  "She took my toy.  I am going to go talk to her now."

The funny thing is not that she put Hannah in time out...because that is not funny.  Alyssa and I had a little talk about who is in charge and who is allowed to discipline.  I told her only Mommy, Daddy and Grandma were allowed to punish them.   The funny thing is that Hannah went to the step and STAYED in time out!!!  These girls have some serious personalities!  The tween and teenage years should be really fun.

Aly has not put Hannah in a time out since.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...