This is obviously rare and not often that I post anything. I don't usually have time and I am not as gifted as Jenn at this. By the way, side note, she is great at writing and definitely has a gift in case you didn't notice. Anyways, I just want the opportunity to let my girls know how much I love them and how incredible they are. We have been really enjoying our time outside lately since the snow has melted. The first day we were out Aly was asleep so it was just Hannah, Jenn and myself. Hannah was so cute because all she did for 10 minutes was run in circles and back and forth giggling. Hannah has been so sweet lately. She is always saying "tank oo" for everything (thank you in Hannah-eese). I got to take a day off Wednesday and be with the girls so I took them to COSI. The whole time Hannah would come up to me and say "I luhloo daddy"! We had so much fun. Every time I am with them or think of them I think about how good God is and how blessed I am. I hope they will always know that!
Now to my big news! Tonight Aly made a huge step toward big girl-hood. This afternoon she told me I didn't have to sleep with her anymore. She said she was bigger now and I didn't have to. A little background info: Ever since Aly was...well a baby, I have slept in her bed or until she fell asleep and then I leave. She has always been such a bad sleeper and didn't like sleeping alone, which is fine with me because cuddling with her is so perfect. I always read her a book and then watch her fall asleep. Then I leave, only to return at about 2 in the morning when she comes to get me. I have always loved doing this. There is nothing like watching your baby girls sleep and getting to cuddle next to them. Some nights it hard because I have school work to do, but for the other 99.8% of the time I love it.
Well, tonight she didn't want me to stay in there. She said I could read her a book, pray and then leave so she could go to sleep by herself. So I asked her why, mainly because I love to listen to her rationale and listening to her speak. Her voice is so cute and she is smarter than I usually realize. Her response was the best. I asked her why she didn't want me to stay till she fell asleep and she said, "I figured it out". I asked her what she figured out and she said, "That I am a bigger now". She is so smart and so sweet. I will miss those days, but knowing her they aren't over just yet...at least I hope. However, she did fall asleep with out me tonight. I can't believe I get to be apart of these 2 amazing little girls lives. Ok, I'm done for now. Love you girls (for when you read this someday).
Daddy
P.S. Hopefully she 'figures out' how to go potty in the middle of the night instead of a pull-up...
2 comments:
Stopping in from SITS!
what a sweet sweet letter! I can just hear the love for your little girls :). They are blessed to have such a great daddy!
Dan & Jenn,
I absolutely LOVE reading all of your posts! It's as if we are still there and living across the street from you guys! I am so inspired by how you keep up your blogging and how you have changed or morphed your blog to involve life lessons and sweet I love you's from you and Dan! I have SO fallen off the blog wagon...I really need to get back on...anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I look forward to your blogs to see what your little princesses are up to!!! We miss you all!!!!!!!
Post a Comment