Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Time For Reflection

As 2009 comes to a close, I can not believe that another year has ended!! And not just a year, but an entire decade!! When I think back over the last 10 years I am amazed at how our lives - and our world - is different. Ten years ago Dan and I had just started dating and were getting ready to graduate high school. We weren't married, we weren't parents, we weren't teachers, we didn't own a home, we didn't know any of our current friends...we weren't even Buckeyes yet!! Cell phones were just becoming popular...texting, Yahoo! and Facebook weren't invented yet (Darn it - why didn't I think of that?!?!?!?)! The old stadium and "C" building were still there...yellow water and all, not everyone had a home computer, 9/11 hadn't happened and Bill Clinton was still President!!! That only scratches the surface...
Just for PURE embarrassment, the picture above is from our High School graduation...our 10 year reunion will be this fall!!

SO much has changed in a relatively short time. This year should be pretty mellow for us - just a time to enjoy being a family without any major life changes...at least we hope!! But, in just a few short years both girls will be in school...heck, by the time we change decades again we will have a teenager and a 'tween in the house...and, God only knows what - or who - else!!!!! Hopefully we still have a country at that point... We are so incredibly blessed and I wouldn't change a single thing about our lives. I have said before that I don't like New Year's resolutions, but Dan and I do hope that as a new year begins we become more generous people, so that the generosity and blessings we have been given is reflected to the people around us!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...