Friday, December 4, 2009

Life. Moving. Chaos.

So, it has been almost a month since my last 'real' post, but we have been really busy (in a good way)!! Hopefully I remember all I wanted to post!! I got A LOT of emails after I posted last time about how busy we have been and 'keeping you in suspense'...I was just being sarcastic, but the answer is "NO!!"...there is not going to be another little Bender...

That being said, we finally got to close on our new house!! We both took personal days and closed bright and early at 9 am on Friday, November 20th. After signing away the next 30 years of our financial lives ;) we jumped right in. Dan had already reserved a truck and I started to paint (white walls really kill me...it is in my blood). My mom kept the girls all day so we had some time before it got really crazy. Although, of course, I didn't get as much done as I thought I would during that time. I started painting in the kitchen so I didn't have to go around the fridge and then painted the accent wall in the family room. By that time, they delivered the fridge, the cable guys came and people were stopping by to see the place. I stopped at that point and started to unpack our kitchen and put the girls' beds together so we could go to sleep. Dan got most of our stuff moved that day so we were able to actually sleep here the first night!!

The rest was moved throughout the weekend and we handed over the keys to the sweet women who bought our house just before Thanksgiving!! It is a little weird to drive by our old house now, but we really don't miss it. There were a lot of memories there, but we will have even more here...and the girls love it!! I was worried they might have a hard time with the change, but the first morning we were here Dan found Aly playing in the playroom first thing in the morning!! She told us, "I love our new house...I don't want to go to our other one anymore!" We haven't been here long, but it most definitely feel like home!! Good thing, because we are going to be here for a loooooooooooong time!!

P.S. I will post pictures soon...working full time and enjoying this holiday season with the girls has slowed down my decorating and picture taking!! ;) If you want to see it before...stop by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...