At school, instead of 'show and tell', Aly's teachers have a 'Sound Bucket' that the kids take turns bringing home and filling with a few items that start -or have the sound of - the letter they are assigned. Aly kept asking when she was going to get it so every time she didn't we would always say, "What the heck?? When are you going to get that thing??" and she would just giggle.
Last week, she got it! She was so cute with it and wanted to fill it with everything!! I really wish I had taken a picture...she would pick something up and say, "Does this start with it?" Then she would say, "I can't wait to show it to my friends!" She had a hard letter though: I. We ended up filling it with ice cream (play), an ice cream truck toy, ice (real, but in a zip lock bag), an insect and a stuffed iguana. It was fun to help her find things for it...I think she will get to do it again too. I love pre-school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment