Monday, January 10, 2011

Seriously NOT Fair

Alyssa started her allergy shots today.  As if it wasn't going to be bad enough, I found out when we got there that she has too many allergies to put into one vial of serum without causing serious reactions.  Translation: two shots every week...one in each arm. Just. Not. Fair.  

Dan couldn't come this week because he was meeting with our pastor so I had to go alone.  She got really nervous and started crying when the nurse came in and fought me to take her arms out of her shirt.  Of course, the injections burn so she cried even more when they did it.  Then, Hannah started crying because Aly was upset.  I was almost crying.  The nurse even looked like she was going to cry.  Thankfully, Jessica (the nurse) and Dr. Heiny were great!  They kept telling her how brave she was and gave her cool band-aids, suckers and even a silly band.  Next time, she suggested giving us ice packs when we get there to try to numb the area first.  Whatever we can do to make this a little easier...

I am trying not to talk about it in front of Aly though, because I don't want her to hear how much it bothers us to do this.  I know it is necessary and will help her in the long run, but I know she picks up on our fears and uncertainty so easily.  In fact, when we were waiting for the nurse to come out and clear us to leave she actually said it wasn't fair she had to do this.  While I 100% agree with her, I don't want her to have that attitude.  So, we are going to  pray about it, encourage her and praise her...and reward her with things to get through it.  Even so, I am not looking forward to Mondays for {at least} the next 9 months. Poor baby girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...