Last year Dan and I reconnected with a few of our old YL club kids from Grove City at the 40th Anniversary dinner. Now they are married, college grads with a beautiful baby of their own! We have spent some time with them since getting to know them and enjoying their friendship. Then, out of the blue, Matt sent Dan a text asking if we were home because they wanted to drop something off to us for Christmas. I thought they had baked us some cookies or perhaps a gift card for a night out...neither of which were necessary. I got a text about an hour later saying they had left it on our front porch, but that we would need to bring it in soon. I almost fell over when I opened the door.
It was a BRAND NEW 42'' PLASMA TV - Are. You. Serious.
Dan called Matt when I told him what it was and he just said, "They just wanted to spread a little Christmas cheer."
They are nuts...in a good way! It is humbling and makes me want to do something for someone else. Their generosity is amazing, and generosity like that makes others want to follow Jesus. I hope some day we not only have the money to be as {or more} generous, but also that we have the heart to bless people the way they do. We are so thankful for their friendship and their hearts for the Lord...oh yeah, and our new TV ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment