It's time. Time for Hannah to graduate to 'big girl panties'. I am sick of buying diapers...sick of changing them...sick of a diaper bag. We waited to start the intense training until we were on break from school, so last Monday we dove right in.
I thought it was going to be a battle from the beginning because she didn't want to and she is majorly stubborn, but we were pleasantly surprised. The first few days she went around with panties and didn't have any accidents! She wore a pull up when we went out, but she would even tell us she had to go and used the toilet. A sticker chart worked great with Alyssa...M&M's are gold to Hannah.
I don't know if she is getting lazy or if the craziness of Christmas screwed her up, but the last week hasn't been as smooth. She has been peeing in her pull up even thought she knows what to do...as soon as she does it she tells us she 'accidentally peed' and giggles. Even more frustrating than that though, is the pooping. She won't do it in the potty. She has asked for a diaper, gone in her pull up, in her panties and even on the middle of the living room floor (with several people over, might I add ;)...but not in the toilet. We have begged, bribed and threatened. Nothing has worked!
So, as Christmas break comes to a close, this is where we stand: she wears panties (or nothing) around the house and uses the potty with few accidents or prompting; when we leave, she wears a pull up and it depends on her mood if she decides to use that or the potty; poop, like I said, is anywhere but the potty! I guess it is just going to take some time. I know it will happen eventually. I doubt she will be going to prom in a pull up ;)
In the mean time, it is frustrating. Potty training is gross. I'm so glad there is light at the end of this tunnel...
**Update**
Hannah pooped on the potty for the first time on New Years Eve and hasn't looked back since!! I think we are finally over the 'hump'...
**Update**
Hannah pooped on the potty for the first time on New Years Eve and hasn't looked back since!! I think we are finally over the 'hump'...
No comments:
Post a Comment