Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When life gives you snow...

make ice cream!! The entire mid-west has been blanketed with a little an enormous amount of snow this week. We have gotten at least 12-24 inches in about 3 days! Thankfully, due to the inclement weather, I have been lucky enough to have two snow days! 'Gotta love being a teacher!! Dan only got one today, because Columbus Public was in serious denial yesterday :( Anyway, we have been snowed in. This morning we decided to do something with the snow...turn it into a frosty treat. It was a lot of fun making it and it tasted horrible delicious! I know what made it so bad this time so we can change that, but it is all about making it together that counts!!
Snow Ice Cream
AllRecipes.com
1 gallon of snow*
1 cup Milk
1 cup Sugar**
1 cup Vanilla Extract
*Clean of course!! It was almost up to my knees when I went out to get it!
**I hear Splenda is better because it dissolves...that was why ours wasn't so good.

Then, just mix all ingredients and enjoy!!


This is when the snow first started on Tuesday. I think the driveway has been shoveled 7 or 8 times already...and needs it again.

Look at how hard the snow is coming down!!!


I love to have snow days from school, but Spring can come anytime now....

1 comment:

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Entertaining blog. Loved reading your recent posts. I will definitely be checking in often!
Our blogs are semi-similar; I'd love your feedback about mine, if you have a sec!
www.TodaysCliche.com. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...