Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Favorite Pastime

I watched Alyssa eat a bowl of Fruity Cheerios a few days ago. No reason...she was sitting at the island counter without a care in the world, but for some reason, it got my attention. Isn't it funny how something so mundane can be a total joy for parents?!?!

I don't really have a lot of my own 'hobbies'. I like to scrapbook (which doesn't really happen) and, obviously, blog. But that is one of my favorite things to do. I could just sit and watch my girls for hours - without them knowing. Dancing, reading a book, play a game, talking to each other (or their stuffed animals)...it doesn't matter, I love it all. I am sure I am not the only parent who has perfected the art of peeking around corners to spy on their little ones.

The best part though, is the split second when your eyes meet and they suddenly realize you have been watching them. {sigh} All you can do is smile...I wish I could bottle that feeling.

Priceless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...