I am a sucker for romance, but I am not really into Valentine's Day as a 'romantic holiday'. I think our anniversary is more special and, to be honest, I would rather Dan surprise me with roses on a random day because he wanted to (and when the prices aren't hiked up 250%), rather than being held hostage by a flying man wearing a diaper ;) Hint, hint.
So we decided to take our girls out on a date instead. Besides, everyone knows Daddy is their Valentine...not mine!! So we went out to dinner and let Aly pick what we did after that. Guess what? She wanted to go to the mall — typical girl. Specifically, Polaris with the 'Jungle Germ'...another one of my least favorite places. Whoever thought of indoor mall playgrounds clearly did not have children! It sounds like a great concept, but it is a wellness nightmare. I feel like I can actually SEE and HEAR the germs and there are always kids that are much taller than Jungle Jack's hand swinging from the tree branches, running around knocking the little ones over. I used to be one of those moms that said 'my children will never do that'...yeah, that is a battle I am not going to fight. Luckily, the girls loose interest pretty quickly so it is never a long stay.
After slathering them in hand sanitizer, we went to the Disney store. You can't walk in there with two little girls fascinated by princesses and not leave with something. They each got to pick out a play set of Disney characters to use in their dollhouse as their Valentine's gift. It took them so long to decide, you would think they were choosing husbands! After going back and forth several times, Aly eventually ended up with Beauty and the Beast and Hannah got Aladdin.
It was a fun night! Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment