Although the weather and the water was pretty chilly all week, the lake and surrounding area was beautiful! I never knew Michigan was so pretty. It was the most unique combination of lakes, sand and national parks I have ever seen. The cabin (which The Seed's affectionately call the 'Little Red Dump') wasn't as nice as the scenery, but it served its purpose and had an amazing lake view!
I took a TON of pictures, so I will just go day by day and share some of my favorites (You can see all 665 here and here if you really want too)!
I took a TON of pictures, so I will just go day by day and share some of my favorites (You can see all 665 here and here if you really want too)!
Monday morning we went to the sand dunes. It was just miles of sand mountains that went all the way to Lake Michigan! Aly and Hannah loved it! Aly climbed all the way to the top by herself! We played around at the top of the first dune for a while. Aly buried Dan and Dave in sand all the way to their heads and Hannah was content just to fill her pail. We enjoyed the view for a little while and then ran down the hill. After the dunes, we went back to the cabin for some lunch and the sat out by the lake for a while before making dinner. Even though the water was chilly, the entire lake is only about 12 inches deep (about chest deep at its highest and completely clear) so you got used to it quickly!! To my surprise, Aly absolutely loved it...it was Hannah who had the problem with it! I think it was because her feet keep sinking into the sand and she couldn't stay balanced. She played around in the sand on the shore and was happy.
As luck would have it the power went out in the middle of the night and it was PITCH BLACK. I mean so dark you can not see ANYTHING!! We had to use our cell phones as flashlights. Of course Hannah would not sleep so Dan slept, sitting up, with her on the bed. I had to sleep with Aly and listen to her say she wanted to go home every hour or so. It was a good thing we were leaving in the morning...
Thursday we had a big breakfast and headed back to the Buckeye state! The ride was pretty easy since everyone was so tired. We were hoping to come home to a contract on our house...but, go figure, we didn't even have a single showing while we were gone! Oh well! Even thought we had a great time, there really is no place like home!
2 comments:
We loved having you guys :).
Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time! I never knew Dan was so photogenic!!! HA HA!!!...and the "nasty" salt water in the ocean isn't that bad if you keep your mouth closed:) ha ha! We miss you and are ready to welcome you all to the beach anytime!!!
Post a Comment