Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Week (or so) In Review...

I was doing really well at blogging for a while, but I have been horrible at it the last week! Here are some of the things going on in our house:

**We had 4 showings for our house last week...you would think that would be a good thing, right?!?! Well, not when people don't know what city they want to live in or how to read a listing. Two of the showings weren't sure if this is the area they want to live in and the other two could have been avoided, if the Realtors would've read the listing to know our house didn't meet the buyer criteria, before wasting our time! I honestly did not know how emotional exhausting selling a house would be. I just hope it sells so we can get this new one (which they are still waiting for the permits on 3 months later!!) and won't need to move for a looooooong time.

**Hannah has been sleeping HORRIBLE! She won't go to bed if it is light out, which means she isn't going to bed until around 9:30 or 10, and she is waking up between 5-6 AM every morning! Sometimes she is even waking up in the middle of the night and her naps have become more infrequent. When she wakes up it is hard to get her back to sleep because she throws her blanket and pacifier out of the crib. And of course she is getting her last 4 teeth...until the 2-year molars. I don't know what exactly her deal is, but she is going to get back on a schedule and whether she knows or not, the pacifier's days are numbered. I think we might accidentally forget all of them at the lake.

**Hannah also had to get her stitches out today. Yes, they were supposed to dissolve in 5-7 days...but, of course, didn't. Apparently they never really do...the doctor told me they usually don't unless they are in the mouth (or constantly wet). According to him I should have had them taken out on day 5 to reduce scaring, but Children's never told me that so I was really irritated and I feel like a bad mom. She is going to have an even bigger scar now because today was day 10 :( At least I will know for next time...unfortunately with this child, I am sure there will be a 'next time'! My brother told me we need to get her a giant hamster ball to keep her out of trouble...I am going to look into it ;)

**Dan had another job interview today! Yes, he accepted the job at International Academy, but this was for Southwestern City Schools. It would be a high school position, pay about $15,000 more and he wouldn't have to take any certification classes! It was just a preliminary interview so we hope he gets a call back (and before vacation).

**Aly has had a pretty routine week. She is still her silly old self. She has been very worried about Hannah and her booboo all week and keeps asking when it will get better. She amazes me at how loving and generous she is with her sister (most of the time). Last night she was playing with an empty toilet paper roll and Hannah wanted it. She asked Dan to cut it is half so they could share it! What?!?! That was precious! She has also really been playing with all of her stuffed animals lately. And when I say all, I mean all of them. She really like them a lot and would take them all everywhere with her if she could. Her two favorite right now include: a brown teddy bear she calls 'Teddy' (very original) and a Horton the Elephant, which she calls 'Horny' for short (very embarrassing). She is soooo fun right now! I love this age!!

**As for myself, I have been pretty stressed out and overwhelmed this week! There are a lot of things going on, not to mention the fact that summer is half over and I am starting a new job I am not ready for. Plus, Dan is starting a new job and Aly is starting pre-school. With Hannah not sleep very well, I don't have anytime to recharge and spend time with the Lord (which I should be doing now instead of blogging :) !!), my 'To Do:' list is growing faster than I can cross things off and I am quickly running out of summer :( AND, I need to loose weight...I am sooooo looking forward to a vacation in a few weeks!

I think that is it for now...I will do better at blogging next week :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...