Monday, July 20, 2009

So Sweet!

Last night, Alyssa was watching one last Dora before I put her to bed. I laid down on the couch next to her to read my book (Which is really good by the way! It is call "Having a Mary Spirit" by JoAnna Weaver - The follow up to her book "Having a Mary Heart, In a Martha World". You should check it out!!) while she finished.

She must have known it was a book 'about Jesus' because she looked at me and said, ''I need to get my Bible! I want to read that instead [of watching Dora]!" She jumped off the couch, ran into the playroom and came back with her Bible! She laid back down next to me, opened it and start 'reading' it to herself and explaining the pictures to me! It seriously made me want to cry and hug her as tight as I could. We read a few stories out of it before we went to bed and she slept with it next to her all night long!

It was very sweet, but also a BIG reminder that we need to be modeling the behavior and attitude we want Alyssa and Hannah to have!! The girls are literally watching and observing EVERYTHING we do! Which is great when we actually take time to spend with the Lord...but not always so great the rest of the time. We really want them to know and love the person of Christ and have a relationship with him that is real!! Gosh, I love those girls sooooo much and am sooooo thankful to have them!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...