Wednesday, June 9, 2010

30 Vows for Summer Vacation

Today is one of my favorite days of the year: the last day of school.  After a long school year, do  you remember that feeling when school was finally out and you were free??  As teachers we get to experience that feeling every year right along with our students.  There is always so much excitement and anticipation for what is to come.  It is just a truly fun day! 

I came across this writing prompt on another blog.  And, since summer vacation official started for me today...I thought this was a perfect way to kick it off.  In no particular order, here are 30 things I VOW to do this summer:
  1. Enjoy time with the girls.
  2. Go on dates with my husband.
  3. Spend more time outside.
  4. Go to the zoo...alot.
  5. Spend special one-on-one time with each girl :)
  6. Try new recipes.
  7. Go to Zoombezi Bay...alot.
  8. Invest quality time in to friendships.
  9. Read a fiction book...just for fun.
  10. Go to COSI...alot.
  11. Spend a whole day in my pajamas.
  12. Eat ice cream everyday!  Seriously.
  13. Go on walks.
  14. Use sunscreen.
  15. Go to storytime at the library every week.
  16. PRAY. Genuinely.
  17. Make homemade pasta.
  18. Laugh really hard...really often.
  19. Read my Bible - more regularly.
  20. Help my sister move into her new dorm room.
  21. Finish painting and decorating our new house.
  22. Finish organizing family pictures into albums.
  23. Finish putting together my family recipe book.
  24. Take more home videos.
  25. Get new glasses...mine are really, really old!
  26. Go to Creekside to feed the ducks...alot.
  27. Watch less TV.
  28. Organize a block cookout to meet our new neighbors.
  29. Go to the state and county fairs.
  30. RELAX!
Ahhhhhhhhh!  I LOVE summer!!  

7 comments:

Jess said...

31. Have a biweekly cookout with the seed family before baby #2 comes.

Jen said...

Stopping by from NFF!
I love how you had your blog printed into a book..that is better than any scrapbook or baby book could ever be! So cool!
Im now a follower!
pineyflatsstyle.blogspot.com

mle said...

Hi there! new follower from NFF : ) love your list - enjoy summer - teachers truly deserve it!!

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Hi

I'm your newest follower, following from Follow Friday

www.frugalfamily.co.uk

daniii♥ said...

Great summer vows!

(visiting from nff)

I Wonder Wye said...

Yup. No matter that I'm -- err -- 51, I do remember the feeling of 'school's out for summer!' -- enjoy the wee ones and great list...

Jennie said...

Hey! Found you via the Working Mommy Network. Love this list - so perfect! #18 is a great one to repeat over and over...and with two kids, I'm sure you have plenty of opportunities! Hope you have a fabulous summer!

A compulsive-list maker,
Jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...