Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another Door Closed

So, Dan got a the call yesterday that he did not get the Westerville North job we had been hoping for.  They said he was a 'great candidate with a lot to offer', but the decided to go a different route.  I hate when people say that...it is almost worse than just saying,  'you suck and we didn't like you at all'.  Seriously, what does that even mean?  Did they go with someone who is not a great candidate...or has nothing to offer?? 

Oh well.  Thankfully, he does have a job.  It is frustrating though.  He said the interview went really well and they said they liked his lessons and experiences with IEP students.  Among other things, the job would have been more secure.  Not to mention it would be a significant raise  so  he could quit Home Depot.

But, our desires are not always God's plan!  And our timing is definitely NOT His timing! We know this from experience.  I interview in Gahanna three miserable, disappointing times [with several recommendations and personal connections within the district] before I was offered job the job at South.   But you know what, it was worth the wait.  I enjoy teaching now and get to work with a great staff.  If I had gotten one of the other jobs...I never would have taken this this one.  It is out of our control.  God has His own PERFECT timing.  I know He is  preparing Dan for that perfect job (hopefully in Gahanna ;), it is just hard to remember that in the moment.  No one likes to be rejected.

When God closes one door, he opens another.  We are just going to keep saying that over and over...

2 comments:

Tayarra said...

You're right. The perfect job is waiting for him. It is so hard to wait and hold on when you feel out of control, but that is when you grow the most. Best of luck and I hope God shows his way soon!

Tayarra said...

You're right. The perfect job is waiting for him. It is so hard to wait and hold on when you feel out of control, but that is when you grow the most. Best of luck and I hope God shows his way soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...