Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stuffed Animal Overload

If there is one thing Alyssa plays with, it is stuffed animals!! That does not mean you need to buy her any...she has PLENTY!!! She is obsessed! I swear she has at least 50 of them that she plays with on a DAILY basis and collects more every time we go somewhere. She always knows what type of animal is on her list to get next. She just got a penguin at the Aquarium and told us that she really wants a baby turtle stuffed animal next The best part is that she doesn't name them and gets mad if we try to! If you ask her what their names are she will say, "Just, 'stuffed animal'." She refers to them by what they are (ie. Penguin, Lamb, Puppy, etc.) instead. She is very meticulous about them and cares for them as though they were her children. Sometimes I will catch her talking to them or she will tell us they 'need' something. I wish I could catch it on camera! She doesn't forget about any of them either...I truly think she has them all catalogued in her head. We have been trying to sneak and get rid of one big bear and it always end up back in the playroom!

If she had it her way we would take ALL of them anytime we go ANYWHERE. [Just ask the Seed's about vacation!] We usually tell her to pick two to bring and when we get wherever we are going, one of them have to stay in the car. She always sweet talks her way into at least one more ;) She also fills her backpack with as many as she can and that goes as well. I keep prepping her that when pre-school starts she is not going to be able to do that! And, you should see her bed! Tonight she had at least 20 with her! I am going to have to take some pictures and post them because it really is cute!

A few nights ago we pulled out our bin of stuffed animals/dolls we had when we were kids and gave them to the girls...ALY was in Heaven! Dan has a big stuffed tiger that she loves and a little puppy he has had since he was a baby. Hannah really liked my Cabbage Patch's...she is my girl that LOVES dolls! It is so neat to watch them play with the thing that we played with when we were their age!I am so thankful we can share these memories with them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...