My very best friend from high school (who I've really known since about the 5th grade and is more like a sister), Teri and her husband Ed, finally had a baby last month! I was beginning to think I would have grandkids before they decided to join the club ;) Yesterday, we made the trek to Cincinnati to spend the day with them and meet baby Caleb (he is a big boy who looks just like his proud papa...so cute)!
We got there in the early afternoon and had a delicious lunch at Chipotle. Then, we all went to the Newport Aquarium together. It was fun and definitely cool since they have the tunnels you walk under and fish swim around you, but living in Columbus we are definitely spoiled by the Zoo! The girls had a lot of fun and Caleb was a trooper since we couldn't bring in a stroller! Aly got her penguin, the latest addition to her collection and we went back to her house to spend some time together. The girls had fun trashing the house with toys and covering up Caleb in his bouncer with you guessed it, stuffed animals, while Dan, Teri and I caught up. When Ed got there we had a great dinner before heading home.
It was great to spend the day down there with her! It is really fun to watch her as a mom and experience that together, like we have so many other things. She is the only one (besides Dan of course) that I still have a relationship with anymore from high school. It is hard with them living a few hours away to stay as close as we once were, but it is comforting to know our friendship is secure and we care about each other enough to pick up where we left off when we do get to hang out!! Hopefully, there are a lot more hang outs in our future!
Cheese!
Waiting patiently for Caleb to drink his bottle...
Playing in the nasty, cloudy fountain!

We were standing 'inside' a sharks mouth (which you can't see) and they told us to look scared! Plus this is the bootleg version downloaded from the Internet b/c I am too cheap to buy it...hence the watermarked 'X' through the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment