I did not realize just how different the girls' personalities were until this morning when we went to story time at the library. Aly is extremely shy! She would not go to sit with the other kids and stayed glued to my arm. She wouldn't even sing the songs or dance next to me. Hannah, if I had let her go, would have been right up there with everyone else (as long as I am in sight). She was giggling and dance in my lap. Aly wouldn't even go to get a stamp without me going with her.
Then we went into the kids section of the library. Aly walked to the shelf, picked out a few books and sat down to 'read' them. Hannah, on the other hand, went down the shelves pulling books off, tearing out pages and making a mess like a tornado in a trailer park. She did not sit still for even one minute while we were there! I felt so bad making Aly leave, but I couldn't chase Hannah anymore! We took some books home though and we are going to make it a weekly activity from now on. I guess I am for sure going to have to make time to do things with each of them that they enjoy one on one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment