One of the great things about living in America is the traditions. And not just the big ones, like Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July...the little ones, like high school proms, lemonade stands, garage sales (just like the country song "It's America" by Rodney Atkins says ;). Family bike rides are another! I remember going on bike rides with my family on cool summer nights, talking to neighbors and getting ice cream and Popsicles. We finally got the seats hooked on to both bikes and went on a ride with the girls tonight. It was so much fun (but, man am I out of shape)!! Aly was terrified every time Dan moved his bike and Hannah was pointing at everything just talking away in the seat behind me. I wish I had some pictures of them in the back with their little Dora helmets on! We are going to start going on bike rides more often. I don't know, maybe they do it in other countries too, but to me it seems something that is so 'American'! I love it! I love summer...it's the greatest!
No comments:
Post a Comment