Last year we put our house on the market as an 'experiment'. We thought if we could sell ours and buy something else that is really cheap (like a short sale or foreclosure), we could make some easy money when we sold in a few years. Then, we quickly realized that our house wasn't going to be as easy as we first thought. Around Christmas, our listing agreement expired and we put the thoughts of a new house aside...or so we thought.
I got bit by the 'new house bug' again, thanks to our realtor...who happens to be my aunt, so we put the house back on the market. We started out thinking that we would sell and go for a foreclosed 'fixer upper', but Dan is not all that handy and I am not even almost patient, so we found a new option. Building! It provides the solution to all of the problems we had about buying a foreclosed house...and the one we like is, literally my dream home! The best part is that we would be in Gahanna schools so we could live there indefinitely. Plus, the interest rate and the promotions the builders are running are amazing!
The girls have really been troopers about us dragging them through so many models and specs of the last few weeks. Aly has actually be having fun! She is really excited about bunk beds (which I am hoping she forgets about, but she saw one in the model home and thinks it comes with the house), fake food and a basement to stay safe from the "tormados"! The builder we like the most is Schottenstein Homes, and very randomly, Dan may also have a job opportunity with them....so be praying about that!!
There is just one little snag in our grand plans...selling our pesky house. So, who knows if we will really get to do what we want. Really, it is just a waiting game to see what happens, and I HATE waiting...did I mention I am impatient. But when it does I know exactly what we are going to do!
BTW...Here is a shameless plug: If anyone you know is looking for a nice family home in Blacklick, here is the link to our house...it really is a good deal!
**UPDATE**
We signed a contract on an inventory home...it is a GREAT deal and we have nothing to lose by trying to get it. We only have 60 days to sell ours though, so we dropped the price another $10k! The new house will be done around the end of May...pray hard for a buyer for our house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment