So, the last few weeks have been really busy around here and I haven't had a chance to blog about it. Not that there is anything really new, or big...we have just been hanging around here at home. I got a few snow days last week so got to spend some extra time with the girls. Although, we were all sick with colds so we couldn't really do anything. Aly had it the worst I think, along with a double ear infection. Plus, Hannah is also getting 4 new teeth on top of her cold. This has been a really brutal winter for us, sickness wise. It has literally been one thing after another! I can't wait for it to warm up! I am also taking another college class and I bought a new camera so I have been distracted a lot lately. With all that being said, I thought I would share a few of my favorite 'did you hear what she said?' kind of stories from the last few weeks:
Aly has learned to negotiate- Last night I was trying to give Aly her anti-biotic. She HATES taking medicine...when I need her to at least AND the doctor called in chewables this time- not a good idea. It was not going very well, so I keep putting her in time out until she would take it. She is so stubborn! Finally she said, "Maybe if you get me PJ Sparkles, I will take my medicine..." I was speechless, but managed to get out "Ugh, it doesn't work that way honey! Maybe you can get PJ Sparkles for you birthday...if you take this and start going on the potty..." PJ sparkles is a doll she saw on TV. We are learning the power of advertising...she wants EVERYTHING she sees on TV lately. She finally ended up taking her medicine, without the promise of PJ, but it took her 30 minutes to chew it up once I got it into her mouth! If anyone is looking for a birthday gift...
Hannah said her 1st word- I have been trying not to admit it, because I wanted her to say 'mommy' first, but I can't ignore it anymore...she says 'daddy'. Well, it actually sound more like 'dah-eee' but she only says it to Dan or when she holds the phone up to her ear like she is calling him, so I know that is what she means. Aly's first word was 'ball'. What does a mom have to do to get a 'MaMa'?!?! That's ok I guess...she is still a mommy's girl...for now. I am excited and proud of the little booger. I can't believe she is almost one!!
Aly likes Christian music- Aly likes to listen to 'songs about Jesus' in the car and a few days ago Dan and I were talking so the radio was still off. She asked for us to put the music on like 4 times before we realized she was asking for something. She finally screamed, "I want to hear a song about Jesus!". Then, Dan hit the wrong preset button and turned on WNCI by accident instead of 104.9 and some pop music stated blaring. Aly started screaming again, "That's not it! I want a song about JESUS!!". She clearly knows the difference!! At least she wants to listen to family-friendly music!
I'm sure there are lots of other stories, but I don't have time (or the memory right now) to share them all! It is never a dull day around here! I will have to stay more current from now on so I don't forget! And, I will post some picture soon from my new camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment