Thursday, February 12, 2009

Deep Thoughts from a 2 year old...

God continues to reveal his character to us through the girls. As a parent, there is no greater joy (other than your children loving you) than watch your children love and care for one another. No wonder he wants us to love each other...doing so bring Him joy!! Here is just one example of how Aly is teaching me this!! While the girls were taking a bath tonight, Dan took Hannah out of her ring and she was playing freely in the tub. She was slipping and sliding everywhere, but loving every minute. I came in and sat down to watch them. Hannah was getting her face really close to the water and this is how the conversation went:

Jenn (talking to Hannah): You better be careful, girl or you are going to get water up your nose.

Aly:
No! I don't want Hannah to!

Jenn:
Don't want her to what?

Aly:
I don't want Hannah to die! Then I won't have a sister anymore...

Jenn:
Awe...sweetheart! I won't let anything happen to our Hannah! You sure love your sister don't you?!?! (At this point Hannah did slip and go under. I immediately grabbed her and she was fine...she didn't even cry!)

Aly:
Mommy, take Hannah out now! I love her!

I didn't really know what to say! I didn't know Aly even knew what dying was! I mean, I am sure she really doesn't understand, but she must know enough to know that Hannah wouldn't be around! She amazes me everyday with what she knows. I am so thankful that they love each other the way they do! We are very blessed!

1 comment:

Carrie and Gary said...

Yeah, they may be lovey now, but wait til Hannah gets all into Aly's things when they are older...then the screaming and cat fights will commence!! ha ha! That really is sweet for Aly to say that...my kids would probably say, "good" if I told them that about their brother or sister!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...