Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Attack of the Killer Toenails

It is no secret that Aly does NOT like to have her toenails cut. And by that, I mean she loathes it! If she even senses that you might be considering even looking at her toes, she screams. I decided that was a battle I was not going to pick. If she wanted her toenails to grow and curl under her toes, then fine...I just won't buy her sandals! However, yesterday she started complaining about her foot hurting. I knew it was the toenails...some of them were actually growing back into her toes! I didn't know what we were going to do!

When Dan got home I told him we were going to have to hold her down. He thought bribing would be a better option. She was way to smart for that. Even PJ Sparkles wasn't worth going under the clippers! We just let it go and planned on doing a sneak attack...maybe while she was sleeping. Then, by the grace of God, she took her socks off to show Dan what the problem was. I came over to look and grabbed her foot. I wasn't planning on getting the opportunity and I didn't have the clippers ready so I just tore it off with my nails. Success!! She started screaming, but I kept going. Before we knew it I was on to the second foot. All the while she is wailing. In the midst of her pains she manages to cry "I wanna go buy PJ!!!" This kid forgets NOTHING!!

I finished up the toes and got her dressed to go to the store with Dan. They went to Target first, but they didn't have the doll. Then they went to Meijer. After searching the toy department, they finally found it. In the meantime, a severe thunderstorm is brewing and high wind started to rip through Blacklick. Meijer's power actually webrand nt out while they were there! They got soaking wet, but they made it home safely and now Aly is the proud owner of a brand new PJ Sparkles!

1 comment:

Jess said...

AND a few less toenails.... bribary is key :). hahahah Pj.Sparkles saves the day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...