Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Dan and I love the whole Christmas season and everything about it!! There are so many fun things to do together and things look forward to...it is such a good time to be with family and friends. Most importantly, it is a celebration and we really want the girls to know WHY we celebrate Christmas and the reason it is so significant to us. It is so easy to get caught up in the 'things' of the season and forget the reason for it. Yes...it is fun to get presents, make cookies, go to Zoo lights and not have to work, but it is also Jesus's birthday!! God came into this world and became fully man so that we can have a personal relationship with Him! Now that is worth celebrating!! I thought this year a practical thing I could do with Aly to help her understand what Christmas is was to make a birthday cake for Jesus with her. She was really into it and kept talking about it happy Jesus was going to be that we made him a cake! It was so innocent...now I understand why Jesus said to be like children!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...