When we got a Christmas card from Alyssa's teacher there was an extra surprise in it...a note that said her most recent Writer's Workshop journal was attached. I guess, after reading 'Squirrel's New Year's Resolution' in class, they decided to write their own resolutions for 2012. They talked about a resolution being a promise to do something that would makes things better in the new year. Here is what Alyssa said:
"I resolve to halp mi sasdr to hola hp"
~translation~
"I resolve to help my sister to hula hoop"
Of all things, she is going to help Hannah hula hoop. Oh. My. Gosh. I smiled so big and literally laughed out loud when I read this. Not to mention her illustration of them hooping together. And, she also has a thing with initials right now...that is why they are down the side of the paper:
'AB' - Alyssa Bender
'HB' - Hannah Bender
'DB' - Daddy Bender
'MB' - Mommy Bender
'GM' - Grandpa Miller
'GM' - Grandma Miller
'AM' - 'Amily' Emily Miller
'BM' - Brittney Miller
I am amazed at the skills she has learned in just four months of Kindergarten! She is so flippin' cute I could just burst! Too bad our hula hoops are broken...


No comments:
Post a Comment