Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Career

Last Fall I decided to pursue my real estate license.  Even though it was a crazy Fall trying to get through the classes, I finished just before Thanksgiving and passed my test the first week of December.  Now, I am all set up and ready to go.  Referrals are welcome ;););)

To my surprise, in the first month, I was able to write a few offers for two different sets of clients.  Neither deal worked out, but we are still looking and will find them the perfect homes.  It was good practice and it built some confidence in me even though the deals fell through.  I also have fancy, schmancy business cards and I have even started a new blog for our team that has been gaining followers pretty quickly. Check it out...it is not just for people looking to buy or sell a home :)   

Now, I am looking forward to building my network (and hopefully making some money) in the Spring and Summer so that next Fall I can concentrate on it full time.  There is the possibility of several listings and a few buyers already lined up...if they all work out.  It would be so great to not have the burden of babysitting anymore and get to do something I actually enjoy.  Now if we could just get Dan a new job...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...