We have been watching a ton of Christmas movies this year! Of course we have watched all the animated holiday classics, but this year the girls are old enough to really enjoy some of our favorite Christmas movies!! It has been so fun to introduce them to movies that we grew up loving and watch them love them the way we do.
Their favorites are 'Home Alone' (1 and 2); 'The Santa Clause' (1, 2 and 3); and 'Elf'. And we have watched them over...and over...and over!! They have even been repeating the lines like crazy.
Here are two funny interactions I had with Hannah...as a direct result of watching them.
'Home Alone: Lost in New York' reference on Christmas day: (I laughed so hard at this one I almost cried, but it embarrassed her so she wouldn't let me tell Dan.)
- Mommy, to Hannah: "I love you so much, baby!"
- Hannah: "Get down on your knees and tell me you love me."
"Elf" reference:
- Hannah: ""Why is that like that?" (talking about my laptop screen)
- Mommy: "I don't know...it just is."
- Hannah: "What? I'm kind of pissed about that."
Sometimes I wonder if those movies were really age appropriate since they all have adult humor in them. Some of them, obviously, even have spurts of foul language, but they loved them and I don't think they did any permanent damage ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment