Thursday, August 26, 2010

She said what?!?!?!

I know, I haven't blogged in a while.  With the last week of summer vacation and the first week of school, I have had much time to sleep...let alone blog.  We have to many plates spinning right now, but I promise to catch you all up on that precious last week of summer and how the first week back went sometime this weekend!  To hold you over, here is a story I got in a text from Emily yesterday right as school was ending...I was literally crying at my desk I was laughing so hard:

Alyssa (out of the blue): I have to go back to school in 3 weeks... 

Emily: Oh yeah!  Are you excited?

Alyssa: No.  I don't freaking want to go back to school.  It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it!

Rest assured she is not going to give herself stomach ulcers worrying about the upcoming school year...she is, in fact, extremely excited to start!  She has been asking me over and over if it is time yet and how much longer.  She was overcome with joy when she got the letter from her teachers and has already picked out her 'first day of school' dress.  Unfortunately, she must have heard me tell Dan the same thing a few weeks ago...I can't talk that way anymore.  I don't want her take on my anxiety about work and think that school is a negative thing.  Plus, you just never know what is going to come out of her mouth!! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...