One of the things on my list of stuff to do this summer was to finish decorating our house. It has been slowly coming along. Over the last week or so I have been working on the girls playroom and finally finished. We spend a lot of time playing in here together so I wanted it to be a space they would enjoy. I really wanted to painted the walls a light gray and then hand paint stones on the walls so it felt like they were in the tower of an enchanted castle, but it turns out I am not that artistic and definitely don't have that kind of time. So, this is what they ended up with:
The expression on the wall near the fish tank says: 'Welcome to the land of Make Believe'.
The art center...
The learning center...
The pink, glittery castle above is a growth chart (but I still need to mark their milestones) and the door says, "No BOYS allowed". Below is the walk-in closet that was converted into a playhouse by taking off the door, complete with a kitchen and dinette. Yes, that is a nutrition pyramid by the kitchen ;)
I am pretty sure the girls like it...when Aly saw it the morning after I painted it she ran in, gasped and kissed the walls. That is why I did it...there really is nothing better than knowing your children are happy!
1 comment:
You did a fabulous job!! It looks great! I'm almost inspired to redo my girls' rooms...maybe next summer.
Post a Comment