Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good 'Ole Carolina

We didn't really plan to go on vacation this summer, but decided to take a quick trip to North Carolina to visit some family and friends before the crazy Fall begins.  It was a fun trip!  The girls did AWESOME on the drive down.  Thank God for the inventor of the mini-van entertainment system because they barely slept!!  Even so, we only had to stop twice (one time because of me and once for lunch)!  They really rock on road trips...who would've thought!?!?!   Good thing because I am not a huge fan of flying.  Anyway, we stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Bender the first night, had dinner and watched 'Up' together.  Cute princess story of the night: Aly put on her Snow White dress after dinner and was looking for her crown to go with it.  After a few minutes of searching through the bag of 'essentials' she packed she settled on a different one.  Then she stood next to me and sighed, "I know I packed more crowns than that..."  She is such a diva!     

The next morning we went to Concord Mills, the best mall ever.  Seriously.  Easton is good, but this is kind of like that only all indoors...and with outlet stores!!  Dan and I got a lot of great deals on school clothes [which be both really did need and had planned on buying anyway] and I got a lot of clothes for Aly for this Fall and next Summer at unbelievable prices!  For example, I got her a really cute jean skirt at The Children's Place for $1.99!  After the mall, we went to see 'Despicable Me' with Grandma and packed up for our next stop.

That night we drove into Charlotte to stay with the Robillards.  We have missed them, and all of our other friends, since they moved down there!  They made a traditional southern meal at their new house - which is adorable - and surprised us with having our other friends to join us!  It was definitely a fun time catching up, laughing and watching a terrible movie just like old times ;)  Amie found a great library to visit in uptown with a ton of kids activities, so the next morning we hung out with Justin and Amie and took the light-rail to uptown.  The girls thought the train was really fun and exciting and the library was amazing.  Unfortunately, when we were getting ready to leave and I was changing Hannah she jumped up and slammed into my jaw.  I don't know exactly what she did, but my neck was killing me and I immediately got an intense headache so we went back to get ready for dinner and I took a nap.  Dinner was with more fun friends at a great burger joint...with the BEST sweet potatoes fries ever!  We topped it off with a quick stop by a park on the way home.  Then, I turned in early with the girls because my head was still aching and Dan watched another movie with Justin and Amie.

The next morning we had to leave to come home.  Even though my headache was pretty much gone, my neck was still hurting really bad (it seems to be ok now, but it took several days to feel better).  The ride home still wasn't bad either though.  It was a really fun trip overall!  Hannah has been asking to go back "to 'lina" ever since! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...