Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Silly Bands, Hairbows and Disney...OH MY!

Aly is such a girly-girl.  She loves to wear dresses, paint her nails, twirl and sing.  She decides which princess she will be for the day based on the color of her dress color.  For example, if she wears her yellow dress...she is Belle.  Sometimes she will even ask us to call her 'Belle' (or whoever it is that day).  She truly believes she is a REAL princess...of course to us, she is.

Hannah is not really 'girly', but wants to do EVERYTHING her sister does.

Lately, besides hair bows (since I finally got the breakthrough I had been waiting on), they are obsessed with Silly bands and Disney.  In case you are living under a rock, Silly Bands are the 'thing' right now.  These brightly colored 'rubberbands', which come in hundreds of shapes, can be stretched and worn as bracelets - always returning to their original form when taken off.  A package of 24 is about $3...and the more you have the better.  On the last day of school one of my students had over 200.  Seriously, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?  Anyway it is the first 'fad' they have been a part of...it seems so grown up.

Then there is Disney.  Aly has been talking about going to Disney World for  at least 6 months.  My original plan was to go when they were 4 and 6...then, we thought we would try to go next summer because I can't wait to experience that with them.  But, after our experience with Stinger (The Blue Jackets mascot) at the Independence Day parade, I think we are back on track for 4 and 6.  I don't want them to be so afraid of the characters that they won't go up to them and get their autographs and take pictures!  Plus, Disney is outrageously expensive (Somewhat deservedly so. They are creative geniuses...have you seen Toy Story 3?!??!) so we need to save up more money.  Feel free to donate generously to the Disney fund for holidays and birthdays ;) Remember, the Lemonade Stand posted a loss in the first quarter ;)

When you couple their Disney obsession with their love of music you get the "Enchanted Princesses" CD.  I can't tell you how many times I have listened to "Kiss The Girl" and "If You Can Dream".  Aly knows all the words and dances and sings around the house.  Hannah always asks for 'the mermain' song.  They are truly little girls and not babies anymore...
They are growing up so fast...make it stop!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...