Our neighborhood recently had a community garage sale. Even though I am usually not a garage sale-er, because I am terrible at it, I went with my mom for fun. To my surprise, I found this dining set that would be a perfect fit for our empty 'dining room'. They were asking $75 for the set...my mom talked them down to $60. Sold. The solid wood set came with the table, two extension leafs and 8 chairs. Sure, the chair seats were wicker-ish and it screamed 1980's, but it is solid and I saw potential. This was two weeks ago:
I still have to put the finishing touches on it, but this is what it looks like in our room today. I painted the wood black, upholstered the chairs with a 'charcoal' gray fabric to darken the 'sterling' gray walls and made a simple flower arrangement with a red bow for the center. After buying set and the materials to make the changes, I have about $150 in it...total. I am pretty darn proud of how it turned out.
Now, I just have to buy the chandelier we have had my eye on at Lowe's since we moved in. At $250, it will be the most expensive piece in the room :) That, unfortunately will have to wait now due to the milk incident.
1 comment:
Wow - that looks great! You did a fabulous job.
Post a Comment