Friday, May 1, 2009

DRAMA Queen

Over the last week, we have truly realized just dramatic Alyssa actually is. Last Friday we all went to the Gahanna baseball game together and the girls and I played on the playground while Dan watched the game. We all had a lot of fun, but towards the end Aly tripped on the sidewalk and skinned both of her knees. Naturally she cried...but she is taking this 'boo boo' thing a little too far. That night in order to get her in the bath we bribed her with going to Meijer to buy Dora band-aids for her scrapes. Well, she came home with two boxes, one Dora and one Diego (Hey, it's a tough choice for a 3 year old!!). So ever since then we have been putting one on each knee. The scrapes have long healed, but tonight, despite all our positive reinforcement, she insisted on bandaging them...again. She even crinkled her nose and cried, "I see them. They are right there...Ouch, they stillllllll hurt!". Just a tad bit dramatic, don't you think?? If we are going to go through two boxes of band-aids for a pair of skinned knees I guess we are going to have to invest in the stock. I can't completely blame her though...My mom says I was the same way (Really, I still am ;) I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...