Aly isn't potty trained and she really has no desire to be either. She peed a few time on the potty back around Thanksgiving, but nothing since. I am not really looking forward to the training process any more than she is, but I have been slowly been trying to prepare her by talking about it, making it sound exciting and glamorous to use the 'big girl potty' and even slipping a few bribes in along the way. Last week when we were at Target she wanted to look at the toys and found a game she 'needed'. I saw it as a golden opportunity and told her that the game looked really cool and fun and that I would buy it for her when she started peeing on the potty all the time and/or when she pooped on the potty for the first time. She said ok and didn't ask for it again. I thought I would push is a bit farther and asked her if she wanted to buy some panties. Her eyes lit up and she picked out two sets: Minnie Mouse and Disney Princesses. She carried them around the store talking about how when she used them we would buy the fishy game she wanted. She showed Dan her new panties and had to sleep with them that night (not on...still in the bag). She even brought them in our room in the middle of the night when she woke up, but she did NOT want to wear them....or use the potty. I still didn't push the issue. Then last night...
We were getting the girls ready for a bath and Aly was running around naked like she always does. Every time she left a room you could smell a little 'treat'. We keep asking her if she had to go poop on the potty and she always very certainly said no. Then she went in the laundry room and shut the door. A few seconds later we heard shrieking coming from there and we just looked at each other and knew she had pooped on the floor. We opened the door and she hadn't pooped yet, but was getting ready to...so Dan picked her up and sat her on the potty. She pooped...and cried. We were cheering, but when she saw what she had done just started screaming more! Dan took her in her room to clean her up and when he was done through the tears she cried, "I wanna go buy the fishy game now!!" So even though that is not exactly what I meant by the first time she poops on the potty...she technically did do it. Now she is the proud owner of a brand new 'Let's go Fishin' game. We will she what tomorrow brings, but something tells me she is still not ready to give up her beloved diapers.
1 comment:
This is rich... haha dave and I laughed out loud. Please keep writing about these times even if simply to bust out on Aly when she brings a boy over for the first time :) :)
Post a Comment