Thursday, September 27, 2012

New School Year, New Sickness

We have crappy immune systems.  

Combine that with the start of school, the ultimate germ farm, and you have a recipe for disaster..  After being in school for less than a week, Alyssa got bronchitis and missed three days of class.  It could have been worse...it could have been pneumonia again. She shared with her sister and Hannah missed two days her first full week of school.  Then I got it...not fun.

If that wasn't enough, Hannah's ear started hurting. I assumed it was an ear infection coming on, but the next morning when she woke up the entire left side of her jaw and neck were swollen and she was screaming about her ear.  I took her to the doctor and found out her ears her perfect...it was her tooth.  

We really feel like rock star parents now...


Turns out the dentist was right when she told us, this summer, Hannah needed a root canal and 'princess' crown on one of her molars and a few other fillings done. Further more, because of the extent of the work and her phobia of dentists, they have to put her completely out to do it.  It was going to cost us about $2k to have the procedure done...to fix baby teeth.  We don't exactly have that money laying around, so we decided to roll the dice and see if we could wait it out since our medical insurance won't cover a dime of the anesthesia.  They say it is not 'medically necessary'.  I say BS. We don't have a choice now...her surgery is Monday. 

What more could go wrong...how about a UTI?  Alyssa got one of those last weekend so we spent 3.5 hours at Children's Close-To-Home.  That was a whole other fiasco which ended up with no antibiotic and me in tears.  I. Hate. Urgent Care.   

So, I missed four days of school in the first month...not including Hannah's surgery on Monday.  It has to get better from here...right?!?!?!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...