Friday, September 30, 2011

Joe-Joe the Traveling Lion

Aly has THE best kindergarten teacher in the world!  After she found out that Alyssa had pneumonia, she made sure to make her still feel special.  Their class has a traveling lion...similar to a Flat Stanley.  Each Friday a different child gets to take Joe-Joe home with them.  At the end of the weekend they write about his travels with the family and pass it on to the next classmate.  Aly's teacher sent him home to keep her company while she was sick.  It made her entire week.  It was kind of sad we didn't get to take Joe-Joe anywhere, but I don't think she let him leave her side for a minute.  It was such a special thing, I don't think it is something she will ever forget.  Here is what she wrote in Joe-Joe's journal and some pictures of their fun times together!
When Daddy picked up my homework, Mrs. Bourgeois gave him Joe-Joe to bring home to me.  I was so excited to have him visit me!  He was with me the whole weekend!  I have been sick so it made me happy to have him with me.  The first thing we did was work on my homework.  Joe-Joe was a big help!  They we played babies together.
I had pneumonia so I was not allowed to go anywhere or be around other people who may be sick.  We just camped out in our family room and watched a lot of movies so I could get rest and feel better.  We watched some of my favorite movies: “Monsters Inc.”, “Beauty and the Beast”, “Tangled” and “Hocus Pocus”.  Joe-Joe said his favorite was “Hocus Pocus”!
Joe-Joe also played lots of games with my family and me!  We played ‘Go Fish!’, ‘Clue’ and ‘Guess Who?’  We also watched the Buckeyes game together.  Joe-Joe got to wear his very own OSU jersey! 
I loved having Joe-Joe visit my house!  We will miss him!
Thank you, Mrs. Bourgeois!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...