Friday, February 25, 2011

Thirty Before Thirty

**One of my friends posted this on her blog. Naturally, I had to steal her idea ;)** 

So....It's the last year before I hit a very big milestone in my adult life.
The Big. Three-Oh!

Wow. 

I have been so immensely blessed to have thirty wonderful trips around the sun.

A third of those years have been spent married to the love of my life.

Five of those have been spent relishing the life-altering privilege that is being a mother.

And all of those have been spent bestowed with an outpouring of blessings I could never rightfully deserve, the immensity of which I could never adequately convey.

Yet, the things that have made my life so far the most grand haven't been, in and of themselves, grand at all. They have been everyday kernels of beauty that I have picked up along the path of my journey and tucked gently into the pocket of my heart.

Watching a beautiful sunset.
Eating a delicious meal.
Spending time with those I love best.

And so, my Thirty Before Thirty list will be filled with everyday, ordinary items like these. Things that to any other person might seem mundane or boring, but to me, constitute the fiber of who I have become over the course of the last thirty years, and who I hope to be once thirty more have come to pass.

My 'Thirty Before Thirty'
(In no particular order)

1. Go on regular date nights with my hubby.
2. Cook something with an ingredient I've never used before.
3. Treat myself to a manicure and pedicure...and a facial.
4. Write letters to those I love.
5. Update our framed photos.
6. Spend a day totally unplugged from the Internet.
7. Finish painting my house.
8. Do something special with Alyssa once a month, just the two of us. 
9. Do something special with Hannah once a month, just the two of us.
10. Plan our trip to Disney World for next summer.
11. Visit a place we have never been.
12. Buy lunch for a stranger in a drive-through.
13. Run a half-marathon. 
14. Teach Alyssa to tie her shoes.
15. Read a book...and actually finish it.
16. Enjoy a sunset.
17. Start planning our dinners out a week in advance.
18. Master the art of extreme couponing.
19. Do something at our church.
20. Find an older women to disciple me.
21. Make 'Spend', 'Save' and 'Share' jars with the girls.
22. Go through all my school stuff.
23. Attend a wine tasting.
24. Become a morning person.
25. Try a new type of cuisine.
26. Organize my kitchen cabinets and our pantry shelves downstairs.
27. Enroll in a photography class.
28. Learn to use Photoshop Elements.
29. Journal more.
30. Finish my Intervention Specialist license.

I will let you know how I am doing...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...