Alyssa's Daisy troop sold cookies this year for the first time. I am not the 'door-to-door' type of mom so we just sold to people we know. As long as she earned her badge I would have been happy. She ended up selling 157 boxes! She earned her badge, and then some...
The sad thing is that she couldn't enjoy any of the cookies she worked so hard to sell. The Girl Scouts do not have a gluten free cookie option...yet. I contacted the Ohio Heartland Council and asked them to consider a gluten free option for next year. The passed it off to the bakery who supplies their cookies. The bakery has not returned my email. I am assuming it is a 'no'. Too bad, because I know A LOT of people who would buy GF Girl Scout cookies. I am going to keep trying. In the mean time, she used to love Thin Mints, so over spring break I am going to make her a batch of gluten free Thin Mints. If the Girl Scouts won't do it, I will!
So proud of my little Daisy!
No comments:
Post a Comment