It has been one heck of a year. Even though second semester was a bit of a roller coaster year, we made it! Alyssa has officially graduated Kindergarten!
I can not believe how much she has learned in just a year. Putting her in the full-day option was definitely the right choice for her! It gave her the perfect blend of structure, confidence and challenge that she needed. She is even reading (above grade level) and writing on her own...with occasional help. I don't remember being able to do that after Kindergarten! It seems so surreal that she is old enough, but it is so fun to see her personality come alive as she discovers her strengths and work through her weaknesses. She is self-motivated and has such a strong natural love of learning. She says she wants to be a teacher...I can totally see that! There really isn't anything she doesn't like about school (except riding the bus and gym class...both of which make her cry ;), so I can't wait to see what kind of extra-curricular activities she gravitates towards.
And, let me tell you, a good teacher is worth their weight in gold...Mrs. Bourgeois is worth every penny. She has been such a blessing to our family. I am praying that she sticks around long enough for Hannah to have her. Here is Alyssa with her on the last day of school.
I found this idea on Pinterest and it is one of my favorites. I bought a copy of "Oh, The Places You Will Go!" for each of the girls and I am planning to have their teachers write them a little note to them somewhere in the book at the end of the school year. Then, we will give it to them when the graduate high school. This is what Mrs. Bourgeois wrote to Alyssa this year. Have I mentioned we LOVE her school? If not...we do!
We are so proud of you for finishing the year so strong, Alyssa! You have such a bright future ahead of you! Oh the places you will go...
No comments:
Post a Comment